Friday, July 11, 2008

LET ME INTRODUCE MYSELF

It seems that the motivation for starting a great number of projects arises from anger, frustration and the feeling that someone just has to do something and it may as well be me. This is true in the case of this blog which I have named for what I believe is lacking in the main stream as well as alternative media including the blogosphere, ie: intellectual honesty.

Call it spin or quotes (soundbites) taken out of context, it infuriates me when I hear purposefully interpreted comments from clearly agenda driven pundits and show hosts when I and frankly any fairminded person knows what was actually said and more importantly what was meant. I am left shouting at the radio or TV or slamming the paper down exclaiming "That's not what he said!". This practice has become so prevalent across the idealogical and political spectrum that I have reached the point that I decided I had to speak out.

I'm not so vain as to think this effort will change the way the media personalities ply their trade but I am hopeful that we can start to discuss the news and issues of the day in a rational and truthful way.

I have been told that to gain an audience I need to stake out and advocate certain positions and have a clear point of view. Well here's my position; Words are important and have power so they should be treated with respect. I will focus my efforts at being ethical and intellectually honest. When I hear a persons words being treated unfairly, I will use this forum to point it out.

There may be some folks that want to read and comment. I look forward to the discourse.

My first blog entry is complete. Hey, this wasn't so hard.

The Edge

No comments: